Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Making my day


I bought a bicycle this summer to replace the one that was stolen in DC. It's a 1981 Schwinn World Sport. Nothing special by any means.

The red paint was starting to flake off, so I went to the store and got a can of blue spray paint. I spent hours stripping off the old paint with sandpaper, and then painted it in the storage room downstairs. Then I got some fake Colnago stickers on Ebay (Colnago makes super-nice, super-expensive Italian bicycles) and put them on, kind of as a joke.

So riding to school today, some guys rode past me (I try to ride slowly so I'm not covered with sweat when I get to school). One of the guys admired my bike, and then promptly offered me 500 dollars for it.

I was taken a bit off guard, and then told him that it was actually a Schwinn that I had repainted. Damn. Could have had 500 bucks.

No comments: