Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Brain exam


I just finished my Neuroscience exam. I think I did really well, mostly because of my new study partner.

Kam is from Kentucky. He went to UVA and majored in economics. We've been friends since the beginning of school, but we've only recently begun studying together. We take turns going to each other's places, although today we studied together in the library.

Kam's parents own a restaurant in Kentucky, "Great Wall." So Kam loves to cook. Stews are his favorite. The other day, he put a pork scapula in a pot with some greens, and then sprinkled in a little MSG. "Adds to the flavor," he says. Two hours later, he poured the stew over some rice and had dinner. I politely declined, saying that I had already eaten.

Kam is a die-hard Kentucky basketball fan. Two nights ago, Kentucky had it's first day of official practice.

Who cares, you ask? Well, 25,000 people filled the stadium to watch. It was a huge media production, and Kam and I watched it on TV. Apparently even the first practice is a big deal in Lexington.

No comments: