Saturday, November 3, 2007

Ride today

Today was beautiful. Mid 60's and sunny. I had lunch with Alan, and then went for a ride with C.

C. is my new riding buddy. She is a former runner who has discovered the low-impact wonderfullness of bicycles (three knee surgeries later at the age of 23).

She is now incredibly fast. Like really incredible. Especially up hills. She simply dances on the pedals, all 120 pounds of her. And on a steep uphill, I'm working really hard to stay with her. If I really try hard, I can still pull ahead, but this is damn impressive, especially for someone only riding for a few months.

I can still make up huge distances on her down hills, where she still has the habit of braking to keep from going too fast, and my 205 pounds pulls me down quicker.

Today we meant to do only 30 miles, but I got us lost, so we did close to 40.

No comments: