Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Technical difficulties

Today I woke up early (6:30), did my usual morning routine, and then left the condo. Just as the door closed behind me, I had a feeling of "oh fuck." I reached into my pocket, and realized that my keys were sitting on the kitchen island. I was locked out. I went down to the lobby and opened my neurology notes and started studying, with several residents giving me quizzical looks as they went to their cars. The maintenance guy would show up soon, and he could let me in.
An hour and a half passed. I called him. Apparently he was having "technical difficulties with his car" which is entirely understandable because it's a Dodge truck older than I am. He gave me directions on how to break into his office (with a hidden key) and open his key box.
Now, all the keys in his "key box" have a letter code, only decipherable with his computer, which I also had to start. But he screwed up the code somehow, so I simply took all 60 keys with me and tried them until one finally worked. And I had to explain the whole story to the lady across the hall when she came out to find a giant pile of keys on the floor, me trying one after the other.

Then I drove to the dentist, where my favorite dental hygienist scraped on my teeth for an hour. You know that feeling when somebody plays with your hair? I like that too, but I get the same feeling when somebody scrapes plaque from my teeth. I just close my eyes and relish every moment. Ahhhhhhh...

No comments: