Thursday, September 20, 2007

Natchez Trace


Last Saturday I rode 75 miles on my bike, mostly hills on the Natchez Trace parkway - perhaps the most beautiful road in the world. When you get on it, it feels like you're in the middle of nowhere. The road curves and winds through the countryside until it ends up in Tupelo, Mississippi. On my way, I went across a bridge that was as narrow as a 2 lane road, but suspended several hundred feet in the air. As I rode close to the edge, it actually felt like I was flying.

On the way back home, I went through a Starbuck's drive through, where they were quite surprised to hear me ask them to fill up my water bottle with an iced latte. I must say that after guzzling all that sugar, caffeine, and fat, I felt like a million bucks.

1 comment:

Rhubarb said...

Dude, I'm jealous...that bridge is beautiful.